You’ve got a website! Congratulations! It really is a great accomplishment.
Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that your job is done. You’ve got to promote your website in order to help it promote you. Having a website and not promoting it is just like printing flyers and then leaving them sit on a shelf in your office. You’ve got to get the word out!
Easy ways to do this include:
- Add your website address to your business cards, brochures, yellow page ads and other promotional literature
- Get links to your website from any organization that you’re a member of like professional organizations or local chamber of commerce groups
- Add your website address to your signature line on emails
Once you’ve done the easy things it’s time to take things to the next level. You can promote your website (and thereby use it to promote your business) by:
- Having an online newsletter
- Optimizing your website for search engines
- Starting a blog
There are many more techniques for promoting your website but these give you some great places to start. If some of the more advanced techniques sound interesting but you’d like some help feel free to contact us.