How long has it been since you’ve taken a good look at your website? Sure your customers are looking at your site. But just how long has it been since you’ve sat down and reviewed your website?
The new year is a great time for a website review. Here’s a list of ten things to to help get you started.
- Take a look at the text on your website. Be especially sure to check out your contact information, products, services and rates.
- Now look at the information on your site from a customer’s viewpoint. Does the website easily get you the information that you need? Is it simple to contact you or place an order?
- Use the contact form to send yourself an email. Is the form easy to use? Do you get the emails or do they end up in your spam filter?
- If you have an online shopping cart, do a test buy. Be sure to check the sales tax and shipping charges.
- How does your website look on mobile devices? If it’s not mobile friendly, it should be.
- Check your site for broken links. I use this website’s free tool.
- Does your website’s software need updated? Sites running out-of-date software are much more likely to be hacked.
- Are you using Google Analytics? If not, make this the year that you get a handle on your website traffic. You need to be able to make informed decisions about your website and business based on solid information.
- Check out your website’s speed. Use this tool and see if your website’s speed is adequate. If not, it may be time for a website tune-up or a new website host.
- Make sure your website files and database are being backed up. Most website hosts offer this as a free service. Make sure that it’s getting done and that you have access to those backups if needed.
Let me know if you need help with anything on this list. I’d be happy to help!