WordPress makes adding pages and posts easy. However don’t forget the important step of editing your posts before you publish! Be sure to check these five things before you click the publish button.
- Spelling – WordPress comes with a built-in spell check. Be sure to use it. Typos happen to the best of us.
- View page or post in IE and Firefox – Websites look different depending on what browser, monitor size or computer operating system is used. It’s very hard to test for every contingency. However you can eliminate a lot of problems by previewing your pages or posts in both Internet Explorer (IE ) and Firefox. Those are the two most common bowers so you’ll get a lot of mileage from this one test.
- Check links – Do you have links in your post or page? If so, preview your finished product and click on the links to make sure they work.
- Read it out loud – By the time you’re done with a page or post you’ve probably gone over it a dozen times. You’re in real danger of seeing not what you’ve written, but what you intended to write. Reading it out loud allows you to take a fresh look at the content.
- Add categories and tags – Make it easier for you, your visitors and search engines to find your content by adding categories and tags.