aMember is software used to create and manage membership sites. The software will act as a shopping cart for membership payments, automatically handle membership expirations and protect member areas. I’ve done custom programming on four different websites using aMember. Most recently I helped one of those sites upgrade their aMember software.
While aMember is easy to use and feature-packed software, the update process can be a little intense. Here’s what we did on the recent software update. In this case we updated a customer from aMember 4.4.4 to 4.5.1.
The Update Service Included:
- backed up the aMember software directory
- backup of the database from the aMember control panel
- downloaded the upgrade pack
- verified that none of the files used in custom programming and plugins were in the upgrade pack
- took screenshots of some aMember pages to be used as comparisons against the pages post-update
- uploaded the upgrade pack
- ran the upgrade database script
- compared the screenshots with the actual pages after the update
If you’d like a bid on an aMember update or custom aMember coding then contact us. We’d be glad to help.
photo credit: Someone Who Can Help via photopin (license)